Masters Dissertation Proposal
The proposal stage of your dissertation is of critical importance. If your proposal is good, the rest of your research will fall into place. Its purpose is for you to:
- draw together your initial ideas into a workable project outline;
- have an agreed dissertation outline in place early enough to give you reasonable time to complete it;
- clarify to yourself and, of necessary, to others, that your research plans are feasible;
- prepare the groundwork for gathering the data or material that you need; and
- gain formal approval.
How to Write a Masters Dissertation Proposal
Picture the scenario – You have been given the handbook and guidelines for your masters dissertation project and are sent off to now make a start on your proposal, you’re confused, lost and don’t know where to start and begin to panic when faced with this hugely daunting task. However, let us tell you this – Getting the proposal right in the first instance will make the rest of your masters dissertation writing flow more fluidly and with any luck, ensure your success as well. Not too much pressure at all then right?!
Whilst you have likely completed an undergraduate dissertation previously, there is a good chance this did not require a proposal before you commenced writing the dissertation itself. The reason for this is that an undergraduate dissertation is not often as in-depth in terms of research and writing in the way that your masters dissertation will be. This brief guide will discuss how to write a masters dissertation proposal in order to help you get started on yours. We also understand however that you may need additional assistance to complete the task at hand. If so, why not get in touch with Essay Writing Service UK today to see how we can help you!
Getting Started on the Proposal
To get started with writing your masters dissertation proposal there are a number of steps to consider:
• Research, research, research – read up on areas that interest you and identify gaps in the literature where further research would be of value. You will often be supplied with a reading list by your tutor or supervisor for this purpose. Be sure to make notes while doing so for future use in your writing and for easy reference.
• Develop and formulate a list of titles and topics that you are most interested in, in addition to those which would benefit from further research. In some cases, suggested masters dissertation topics can be provided to masters students.
• Discuss with your supervisor or tutor (or perhaps even your professor) the research topics you have compiled and aim to identify the one that is the most relevant and appealing to both you, your tutor and the community as a whole to serve as the cornerstone for your masters dissertation proposal.
What to Include in your Proposal
In commencement of writing your masters dissertation proposal, obviously you will need to know what information to include. You will, at nearly all times be provided with a dissertation handbook specifying the guidelines of what to include in your proposal and the suggested format to use. The following is a general description of what you will need to make sure is included within your masters dissertation proposal:
• Project Summary or Abstract: This summarises your proposal and its contents.
• Table of Contents: This details all the main sections of your proposal for clarity of the reader.
• Project Description: This includes a brief introduction to the topic, your main aims and objectives.
• Literature Review: This needs to be a proportionally detailed discussion and examination of the available past and current research literature surrounding your chosen topic. This will be further expanded upon later in the full masters dissertation.
• Research Methodology: This needs to describe and explain the type of research tools and methods you plan to use in your dissertation. In this section you need to also to address any perceived limitations of your study, in addition to explaining why you chose this method over any other tools and processes you could potentially use.
• Timeline: It is essential to include a very concise and specific schedule for how and when you will complete each section of your masters dissertation. This most often takes the form of a Gantt chart.
• Conclusions: This will review and summarise all of the main points included within your masters dissertation proposal.
The Research and Writing Process
Your first step to writing should begin with an outline. Moving forward, you can then proceed to complete each section in turn, which should enable you to keep organised and focused on each task. It is wise to use the notes that you have taken from your initial research into the subject to further flesh out each section of your masters dissertation proposal. Do not be overly concerned at this stage about getting it exactly right as you will no doubt need to revise, re-read, and perhaps rearrange your thoughts a good number of times before you complete the final proposal. It is wise to share your drafts with your supervisor or tutor at this stage so that they can assist you with any problems you may find with the project. They will have supervised and completed a number of masters proposals themselves and their input will be invaluable.
We are Here to Help!
Essay Writing Service UK can provide masters dissertation proposal writing services which range from titles and initial topics to a full model answer designed and written to help guide you through the proposal writing process from start to finish.
Struggling with a Dissertation Proposal?
We can offer expert dissertation help and put you in the hands of one of our UK dissertation writing experts who will be more than happy to lend you their experienced expertise, directing you towards achieving your end goals. Essay Writing Service UK’s dissertation writing services can help you with all aspects of your dissertation from initial concept, title and topic, to dissertation proposals, introductions and all the way through to the conclusion. Your success is our priority. If you need help with a dissertation or thesis, contact us today to see how we can help you.
How Can I Order?
It couldn’t be simpler to order a Masters Dissertation Proposal with Essay Writing Service UK. Simply place the order online by clicking here, send us an email to [email protected] or alternatively feel free to call one of our consultants who can take your order over the phone on 0203 011 0100.